Blogology

Blogology is the study of these strange creatures called blogs. Blogs inhabit what has come to be known as the blogosphere. They have vastly different species, societies, and habits... Am I a qualified blogologist? You be the judge of that.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Why I need another blog

I have blogs. I have more blogs than one would think that I need. The average person would think I don't need any blogs at all. But here I am.

My blogs all have specific purposes. I have Arvil Bren's Journal, which is my serial fiction. Since new readers might not be familiar with blog structures I have a manually constructed archive in another blog called Arvil's Dusty Tomes to make it easy for them to read from the start. I have I Write His, How About Mine, which is my own journal of a sort and keeps my friends, relatives and acquaintances up to date on my still being alive and thinking. They know my politics and generally don't want to hear any more so I have A Political Question for those times when some political issue just demands to be addressed. It seemed I have a blog for everything. But no!

Blogology is the study of these strange creatures called blogs. Blogs inhabit what has come to be known as the blogosphere. They have vastly different species, societies, and habits...as you can see from just the blogs I personally maintain. In Blogology I intend to analyze the blogosphere. I expect this will improve the health and welfare of my own blogs, and perhaps assist some friends with theirs.

My promise to those who read here is that I will personally write something once per week, and that I will endeavor to have experts in the budding field of blogology contribute as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home